HGV Readymix Driver - Redditch W31059
HGV Readymix Driver - Redditch
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up opportunities for professional drivers who are looking to be part of a successful team.
We are currently recruiting for committed and reliable Readymix Drivers based in the Redditch/Coleshill area. You will have the desire to be a multi-skilled driver on Ready Mix, Bulk Tanks, Crane Work and General Haulage – experience desired but training will be given where required. MPQC qualification would be an advantage but if not we will provide the training and qualification. We offer a competitive and attractive hourly rate with the opportunity to benefit from our discretionary bonus.
Reporting to the Transport Manager.
• You will be responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of ready mix concrete to various customer locations.
• There may be the requirement to unload and attach extension shutes weighing 30-50 pounds.
• Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail.
• Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
• Maintain objectives throughout the day performance.
• Complete daily vehicle DVIR checks with regards to safety and DOT requirements and keep the truck in acceptable condition.
• Remain assigned to the vehicle at all times unless otherwise advised by a supervisor.
• A flexible approach to working patterns and start times as dictated by the needs of the business, and willing to spend nights away from base when required.
• Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements.
• Willing to work away up to 4 nights per week.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as assigned by a supervisor or manager.
• The applicant must hold a current C+E, or CAT C licence.
• A valid medical card.
• Customer focused with the ability to maintain positive internal and external customer relationships.
• Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised.
• Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service.
• Must have good communication skills and a flexible can do attitude to work.
• Must have a good geographical knowledge.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.